Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Kylie, Adam and Kelly Return with Near Perfect Visuals!


     One of the fiercest divas in pop music has returned with a huge surprise for her devoted fans. As part of her celebration for 25 years in the music business, Kylie Minogue released a music video for her latest single, “Timebomb”, and I must say it showed one of my favorite female artists with the dose of attitude I have come to love from the “Get Outta My Way” songstress.
     The song itself is catchy and addictive, what else would you expect from a queen? However, the video is something that deserves recognition and praise on its own. The video starts off with Minogue in front of a bright, white screen, nothing around to distract us from her beauty. She then quickly leaves a studio and walks around like she owns the place, which she really does, stealing phones and recording herself like she is the only one that matters. I could watch Kylie walk all day, but she then decides to jump in a car to have a chase with some good looking guys. The whole thing plays out like a mini movie.
     The artist is then seen getting chased which leads to my favorite part of the visual. Minogue is shown undressing and getting into some suggestive sexual poses while she works the camera. She has never looked more beautiful and I couldn’t help but start at my computer screen. Some dangerous stunts with a motorcycle are thrown in for good measure and then the video ends. Short, simple, sexy and completely stunning. Minogue is back, fiercer than ever, even though she never really left my mind.




     The first and true American Idol, Kelly Clarkson, is experiencing an amazing year after the release of her fifth studio album, Stronger. The albums features two top ten hits so far, including the number one smash, “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)”, which I knew would be a perfect single. Now the singer is moving on, choosing “Dark Side” as the album’s third offering. Not the song I would have chosen, “I Forgive You” was given my vote, but the music video changed my opinion slightly.
     The song is sweet and emotional and the video shows exactly that. I have seen a few comments calling the piece “cliché”, but I don’t really understand why. I do understand the showing of people’s life problems has been done, but what else would the artist have done here. I would have liked to seen a darker, angrier side of the singer, kind of like her “My December” days, but we all remember how that turned out. I like the final product. The video is touching, it forces the viewer to feel something for the characters and Kelly looks stunning in her black and green dress. I would watch her belt out high notes for hours.

     When I first heard the song I got a sense of vulnerability from Clarkson and she looks heartbroken for most of the video. A music video should usually evoke the feelings and emotions an artist has feeling when they wrote or recorded the track and Kelly hit the nail right on the head with this effort. The video shows strength when it needs to, shows despair when it needs to and is just another great music video Kelly can add to her ever growing collection. Now all I need her to do is release “I Forgive You” as the album’s fourth and final single and all will be perfect.




     And now my favorite of the three. Adam Lambert recently sent his second studio album, Trespassing, to the top of the Billboard Top 200, making history as the first openly gay artist to do so. The spectacular album is currently being promoted by second single, “Never Close Our Eyes”, penned by the great Bruno Mars. The single has unfortunately not cracked the top 100 yet even after a highly promoted American Idol performance, but maybe the newly released futuristic music video will help change that very soon.
     The new video has to be one of my favorite releases in a long while, may even be one of my favorite videos ever. Lambert is seen in some facility, giving off a 1984 vibe, where everyone is doing the same thing, stuck in the same routine every day. I was taken back seeing the fashionable singing in browns and greys, but let’s be honest, even he can make them look hot. The singer moves toward a pill dispenser, his food for the day, but instead of taking them, he crushes them, releasing a beautiful blue mist. Lambert seems tired of what’s happening around him and decides to break out with a few others.

     The escapees make it to a fence guarded by some men in couture masks and unleash eerie smoke and the “patients”. The blue mist seen before now acts as a force field around Adam and the others, turning them into some fierce and colorful individuals. I have found my birthday outfits in the bright suits Lambert wears. Love them and the dance routine. The video is about breaking the norm, following your own path, but only if you want to. I love the whole thing and I think this song NEEDS to be a hit, it is just too good.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar