Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My Monthly Edit

May Monthly Edit

LOVING
As someone who has a unusually large head, finding hats that fit well has always been a challenge for me.  In the past, I’ve been known to venture into the men’s section to find panama hats in bigger sizes that will work.  So, I’m personally thrilled about the straw visor trend that’s happening this season.  I always make it a point to have my face covered when I’m out in the sun & I love that these toppers are both packable & versatile.  The best part is that they’re all adjustable thanks to a velcro closure in back + they won’t give you the dreaded “hat head” hair for the remainder of the day.  I’ve already ordered two different options (here & here), but I also love the bow detail on this style & I’m watching this one closely and patiently waiting for a sale.

USING
I’ve been testing out a few hair & beauty products and I’ve finally reached the 3 month mark where I can share my full reviews with you.  This serum is the best skin care product I’ve tried in a long time – I apply it 3 times a week at night and wake up with glowy, radiant skin that is more even-toned.  I’ve noticed a significant improvement in the texture of my skin, too, so it’s definitely worth every penny.  One thing to note: this does tingle a bit when you apply it, but that just means it’s working its magic, so don’t be alarmed!  Another product I’m loving is this anti-frizz cream (a total life-saver on humid days) – it’s silicone-free & I only need a pea-sized amount to get instant results.  Honorable mention also goes out to this hair cleanser & this lightweight conditioner (plus, the packaging is so cool!).

MAKING
I have a big salad for lunch almost every day of the week, mainly because it’s the quickest & easiest thing to throw together while I’m working from home.  The only problem with this is that it can become a bit monotonous if I don’t make an effort to incorporate different ingredients and try new combinations on a regular basis.  With summer just around the corner, I’ve started adding seasonal fruits into the mix and am finding myself so much more excited about my afternoon meal.  My current favorite is this recipe, which is a mouth-watering blend of pears, walnuts, goat cheese, cranberries & grilled chicken.  Other salads I’ve tried & enjoyed include this asian salad with mandarin oranges (I omit the crunchy noodles & sub in coconut aminos for soy sauce), this spinach salad with avocado & strawberries and this grilled steak salad with feta & peaches.

WEARING
Last year when I was in the middle of a closet purge, I vowed not to allow myself to buy any more breton striped tops.  Thankfully, I didn’t ban myself from stripes of all kinds because this linen jersey top has been in high rotation ever since it came home with me.  I’ve worn it layered under a cargo jacket with jeans & leopard sneakers for the weekend and tucked into white high-waisted shorts with espadrille wedges for brunch (similar short-sleeve version here).  Other summer stripes I’m loving now: these linen-blend pants, this tasseled sweater, this knot-front tee, this slub cardigan & these belted shorts (skirt option here).

PLANNING
We decided that this was the year we wanted to do more outdoor living, so we’ve been focusing on sprucing up our deck to make it as inviting as possible for the warm weather months.  For dining, I picked up these melamine plates (smaller sizes here & here) and these tumblers.  Then, I ordered table top torches (these & these), along with this fuel to help keep mosquitoes at bay while we eat.  I also bought this outdoor rug & this patio set (love this one too) to create a little lounging spot on the sunken area of our deck – my next task is to add some potted plants, lanterns & string lights for a cozy ambiance.  We’ve already started using it as a family and I have a feeling it will be the most popular hang-out spot for my daughter & her friends this summer.

CRAVING
I don’t know that it’s been 100% intentional, but I’ve found myself shopping a lot less this year.  I think it has to do with the fact that my perspective on fashion has changed quite a bit and I don’t feel the “need” to constantly be acquiring new things.  I’d much rather make thoughtful purchases that I know I will use a significant amount.  And if there’s anything I’ve learned about my personal style preferences, it’s that neutrals are what I reach for most.  These woven mules are like the shoe version of a classic straw bag – timeless, versatile & chic.  I’d wear these with everything from a simple tee & jeans to a flowy jumpsuit to a linen sundress.  They’re a bit of a splurge, but I found some similar options for less here, here & here.

The post My Monthly Edit appeared first on Penny Pincher Fashion.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar